Frequently asked questions.
I have questions about compressed air, can you help me?
In the last section of our catalogue, we explain in detail compressed air power:
- Compressed air: pressure level, dew point, venturi effect, vacuum...
- Compressed air systems: checklist, the basic rules of a network, selecting pipe, calculating the flow rate of a compressor, where to install a dryer...
- Air treatment and filtration: example of an air treatment line, comparing pneumatic tool air flow rates....
- Paint applications: hazards of static electricty, additional guidelines...
- Fitting tables: corresponding pipe diameters
- Flow rates and head losses: flow rate for compressed air hoses, choosing the proper hose diameter for an air system...
- Standards and directives: ATEX, OSHA, REACH, ROHS, 2014/68/EU
- Pneumatic tools: useful/max torque, details of dimesnsions and uses
- Conversion table: metric/imperial, pressure, vacuum (negative pressure), volume flow rate, power, temperature, length, volume, weight
I need help installing a Prevost Piping System compressed air network
We have a page dedicated to the Prevost Piping System (PPS): specifications, video guides, documents…
Our 3D application, can assist you with all size projects. Our sales team is available to create a detailed plan and free quotes.
We offer Prevost Piping System compressed air network installation video tutorials.
For complete installation information, view our PPS installation manual.
Where can I find 3D files of your products?
Over 1,500 of our products have 3D files that can be downloaded directly from our website.
The files are available on the product information pages simply by clicking the "3D" icon.
If you need numerous files, click the Contact Us button and we will be happy to help.
How do I find replacement parts, safety data sheets or technical manuals?
All of this information is available in the Documents tab.
I have an air coupling that is leaking or my coupling is not compatible with the plug.
Make sure you are using the correct connection profile and the compatible size plug. Our quick air couplings work best, and guaranteed, when used with a Prevost plug.
View our documents
My hose reels automatic shut-off system does not work, what should I do?
Please note the DEL 32520 and DEL 31514 references are delivered with an automatic shut-off system not activated.
Refer to the user manual for activation (return spring to be moved on the dedicated eyelet).
My hose reel is leaking, how do I fix it?
If you have a leak at the flexible connection / fittings: slide off the protector, unscrew the fitting and re-seal (Teflon tape or anaerobic glue).
If you have a leak on the fitting: slide off the protector, unscrew and replace the fitting.
Leak on the air supply connections (DPF / DMF / DMO / DGO / DVO): plan to replace the seal, see user manual.
How do I fix a leaking regulator or FRL?
If you have an air leak on the regulator or the filter regulator during commissioning, check that the mounting direction is respected.
I have an air leak from my valve (VDA)
If you have an air leak from the VDA valve during commissioning, check that the airflow direction is correct.
I have a question about a pneumatic tool
If you have a loss of power on the TIW model (impact wrench), first check that the conditions of use are respected:
- pressure 6.2 bar and permanently lubricated
- cleaning the tool's air stream with penetrating oil
I have a loss of air flow on my dryer (Model ALF)
If you have a loss of air output: check the dew point display, as it must be in the green zone, but if it is in the blue zone, contact the after-sales service.
What should I do if my balancer cable is stuck?
If your cable is not working properly, the load capaticy of the balancer may be insufficient. Try to readjust the spring tension. Direction on how to do so are in the technical manual.
I have a leak on my inflation device
If you have an air leak it is possible that the seal on the valve connection is missing (ref: 101v). The part must then be replaced.
How do I place an order?
If you are not an existing customer, give us a call and we will refer you to a distributor who can help.
If you would like to become a Prevost distributor, contact us to speak to one of our Regional Sales Managers.
I would like Prevost to install a compressed air system for me.
Although Prevost does not install compressed air systems, we will refer you to a dependable team and be availalbe for consulting throughout the process.